Sutcliffe Hall and the Buck Fitness Center Rules and Regulations
The use of Sutcliffe Hall including the Buck Fitness Center facilities is considered a privilege. Those misusing the equipment and/or not cooperating with staff members may be asked to leave and may have their building privileges suspended or revoked.
• Prior to becoming a member, you must satisfactorily complete the membership application including a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q). If you answered “yes” to any questions on the PAR-Q, you must receive a doctor’s approval in writing.
• All guests and visitors must report to the Sutcliffe Hall Control Desk to sign liability forms, gain approval for use of facility, and pay a $10.00 per visit guest fee. Parents/legal guardians need to fill out the appropriate forms for guests under the age of 18 who are accompanied by an adult other than the parent/legal guardian.
• I.D. cards must be swiped at the Control Desk for use of the facility.
• I.D. cards may not be shared. Anyone found using someone else’s ID card will be asked to leave the facility. This could also warrant suspension or revocation of the membership.
• Membership fees will not be refunded.
• Individuals are responsible for their own belongings.
• Sutcliffe Hall and the Buck Fitness Center, are NOT responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
• Users must comply with specific posted rules for each activity area.
• Tobacco products, food, glass bottles, aluminum cans, alcohol and drugs are prohibited; plastic water bottles are acceptable.
• Bicycles, skateboards and pets are not allowed.
• All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Children under 16 who are accompanied by an adult that is not their parent or legal guardian, must have a letter from their legal parent or guardian stating that their child is authorized to accompany the specified name of the adult who is bringing him/her to the facility.
• Children under the age of 14 are not allowed in the Buck Fitness Center.
• Wear proper training attire, particularly appropriate shoes and shirts, at all times. Sandals are not permitted.
• Offensive language, disruptive and/or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
• Do not drop or throw weights.
• Return equipment to its proper place when activity is completed.
• Immediately report any facility-related injury (no matter how minor) or equipment irregularity to the staff member on duty.
Locker Rooms will be available to all students, staff, faculty, members and guests and they need to bring their own locks. Participants may lock their items in a locker only while using the facility. Upon departing the facility, participants must take their items and locks with them. Any lock not removed from the lockers will be removed by the Facilities Staff.
Parking for Fitness Club members is in the lot on College Street next to Boles Natatorium and the lot at the corner of College Street and Grant Street.
Indoor Tennis Courts are available for use by members and their guests during scheduled hours. Courts must be reserved 24 hours in advance at the Control Desk. Courts may be reserved for 1 hour increments.
Racquetball Courts are available for use by members and their guests. Courts must be reserved 24 hours in advance at the Control Desk. Courts may be reserved for 1 hour increments.
Buck Fitness Center: All members must be 16 years of age or older. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children under the age of 14 are not allowed in the Buck Fitness Center.
Fitness Classes are offered to all members. The class schedule will be posted.Classes held between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. are limited to Centre College students and employees only.
Johnson Pool is open to club members. Hours are limited and based on lifeguard availability.
Bowman Gym/Hazelrigg Gym will be available at scheduled times. Please check the web site or call the Control Desk at 238- 5930.
Outdoor Track and Tennis Courts are available to members and the public on a first come first serve basis.
A $25.00 service fee will be charged to replace a lost or damaged photo I.D. Call the Sutcliffe Hall Control Desk at 238-5930 with questions or concerns.